July 24, 2014

What's the Worst That Could Happen

I am an extremist - I cry and laugh silly. I get angry silly, and lose my mind over little things that probably don't matter, till someone points it out. Lately, I have been on this roller coaster, partly because it is tough to reason out my emotions with myself, and partly because I think I am losing myself in the mutt of things happening around me. Then, there are times I feel I am probably sane, and others are craving, snatching, proving, fighting, not know what the point of doing all that is. And then, I think, maybe I am the insane one - is my Zen like calm within me, coming out like different avatars, and affecting people around me?

The reason for this post, is another. In my recent conversations, with one of the best people I have in life now, he said, in an attempt to calm me, "What is the worst that could happen...". These words was a shock for me at first, because of the sheer unpredictability it brought along, and two, I would have to let go - which is so not me and my controlling self. As much I let my crazy mind fly to the heavens and rake a hell on earth, I don't let loose of my chain of actions - they are measured, wary, conscious, and very, VERY controlled.

So, these words, as cool as they sounded, liberated me of a deep need to control. Probably it was the way it was said, and I am sure whoever said it did not see too much into it, at that point. But for me, when I started applying it, everyday, to everything, I was calmer, and a lot less worried about what could go wrong.

So now, every time a situation comes up, I take a step back, breathe, and ask myself - "What's the Worst That Could Happen?"

Thank You, AK.

No comments: