April 30, 2014

Today

Today is not what I would call a boring day.

Today is a day that I feel conquered by emotions - which is usually a sign that the monthly shedding of a bloody layer is due.

Today, also happens to be the day I decided finally to keep my promise to myself and just write. To satisfy a craving, a hunger to yell out loud. It has been a nagging thought in my head to do what brings me happiness - even if it means drinking tea. Strong, flavored, which could transport me to the green luscious minty cold mountains of Nilgiris.

Today, is the day I felt jealous of a friend who converted an old run down bungalow, into a rustic hotel of sorts, and lives there with his girlfriend.

Today, is the day I had resentment in my heart and my brain for a change agreed to the resentment - towards someone who spoiled my birthday. I should have been angry then - instead I had to apologize. Was it really so bad?

Is it just today?
Is it me being very self-centered, and thinking only of me?
Is it true that I am hiding my deepest secrets within myself?

Yes, it is true.

I have my deep dark secrets. But let them rest, in peace, within those gallows that are built deep within me.

No comments: