May 11, 2014

The Mother's Day Battle

When that first cry came out, 

What did you do, I wonder
Did you eagerly look down to see,
Or did you turn away and ignore?

Was it not pain, to bring me here,

Did you not carry me through,
Was letting go so easy,
Or was it just plain old fear?

A small bundle of blood and liquid,

With little hands and feet,
I too would have wanted that warmth,
That boys and girls who had it all, 
When they were born.


Now, I really do wonder,

Did you eagerly look down?
Did you shed a tear?
Or turned away your head,
Like what came was never yours.


Happy Mother's Day, Mommy dearest,

Just letting you know,
I am the brave child who is special,
For I fought this battle on my own,
Without the sweetness of your milk,
Or the caress of your warmth,

I am proud, for the battle was mine,

Mine alone, and never yours.

No comments: