January 27, 2018

Patterns

Like those days when I would lie on my back and look at the stars coming out. One by one. I would look at the formations. The faces. People, animals...then the dark clouds moving together as if to hide from the beauty of it all, would start their circus. Elephants would jump and horses would move together...I would ignore and look at the stars again. So the next group, the small atoms that dance in front of the eyes would appear, making you squint. Them, I like. So I try to count them. These were friends. Bluish black skies. Little atoms dancing. Small stars peeking and blinking. Wild clouds teasing. Friends.

Today, there are no stars. There is a curtain, with a very vivid pattern. I just played a round of the same game with it. Finding faces...and I did. That is what being alone does to you. Find patterns you could play with.

No comments: