January 16, 2018

Reality Now

I felt ridiculous waiting for the message to come.
Good morning. Are you busy? In office?
Whatever it was...I would leave the world,
And snuggle back into your conversation.
You came and went as you pleased.
Ours was the shortest love story.
Your reality, you said was hazy.
Your randomness more real.
I was getting tired...
Waiting late nights for a message.
The hours were longer.
With you, the flutter in my heart was back.
With you, the tightness in my stomach was back.
With you, my head was dizzy with love.
Now, the shortest love story ever, ended.
You are clipped. You are formal.
I feel the tightness grip my heart,
ripping it apart.
Tears form in the corners of the eye...
And I think to myself...
Why did I let that happen to me?
Why did I have to surrender in your mad passion?
Why couldn't I resist being yours?
And there are not answers. They left me just like you did.
I am back stranded, where I stood earlier.
Not knowing if I should go on or stop.

No comments: