April 03, 2020

On Reading

Yesterday, I completed 5 more pages of "The Devil Wears Prada".
I can happily say, I am reading a lot these days... May sound bullshittish, I completed all Dan Brown "classics" too. With an urge to read more, I shell out money to buy books.
I have many books. Oh! Did I just sound like a school kid who brags about the number of pencils?
Oh My Sweet Reader, Don't mistake me...I was just trying to imply, the simple present tense of the statement..."I have many books!"
But now, wasn't this supposed to be on reading? Did I just think about Sir. Joseph Addison, whose name I couldn't remember and only "The Spectator" that kept cuckooing in my head! I thought of a prose like the ones he used write. Neat words, bundled in a framework of a topic...well polished, British and very manlike.
Yesterday, I completed 5 more pages of "The Devil Wears Prada".
The story is about Andrea, who in hopes of getting into a "news magazine" ends up being the assistant of Miranda Preistly, the suave editor in chief of "The Runway" : A FASHION MAGAZINE!


I thought about it...didn't seem uncool for a novel plot.
I mean, if you could be published by a top house when you have actually "taken inspiration" from other authors, and you suddenly become a star among Harvardians...and the world...at such a young age, and suddenly you are the bright star back in your country, who made us all proud...and the still-regretting reviewers and readers, who inspite of great odds bought your book...Maybe it is a Gupta, or your next door, Mehta ...
Oh! Did I mention names??? Neat, I didn't...
So...
"The Devil..." comes a welcome change... I read atleast 10 pages a day. Yesterday, due to the heavy intake of heavy fat loaded food, I dozed off to the sounds of the night...

I am waiting...for it to be SIX. I will get out and manage to get back home and cuddle up on my pink woollen bed...with the pink blanket around, and the stuffed monkey under my hands... This is about reading…
...and I completed 5 pages of "The Devil Wears Prada" yesterday!

November 2006

No comments: