April 03, 2020

Pre-Onsite Depressive Syndrome

Today: - Another normal day at work. I have had disturbed sleeps these days. Not work pressure. I am relaxed at work. But the thoughts of having to go to another civilization…one day, I will have to go too… I was wondering…how it would be for those who are going. If it were UK or USA, it would have been better.

But here?

But just thinking back to when I applied to this “ping pong” company with an R&D centre in Bangalore. After my test, I was given a sheet of paper to fill in my details. One of the columns asked for my willingness to work onsite…Pa later claimed, they had the choice of only 3 months, 6 months and a year. But faintly I remember one month somewhere mentioned. Anyways, that’s not the point.

I was thinking how it would be to eat raw fish, vinegar rice, and uncooked vegetables. I was wondering how I would sleep without the comfort of the Indian air. Yes! there is something called Indian air. And that too, further classified on a regional basis. Then again, the food. I think I can count the number of times I have eaten rice in Karnataka, the thin white pale rice that seldom forgets that the human being eating it should have a full stomach and a satisfied burp jumping out after a glass of warm water. I miss malayali food. Of course, I could murder someone for a nice sadhya…

Oh #$%@ my mouth’s watering now.

That me, going to eat some god forsaken fish, raw??? Then sashimi and sushi and what not!

Then, Amma, Achan and my Pa. I fight with the first two people a lot. They are world to me. They are like oxygen. It is for them that I do a lot of things in life.

Pa…I am in love with him and have been seeing him everyday these days. He is like food for me. And food and me is like…u know!

I don’t want to miss them.

Friends…it is more of Pa’s friends that I call friends now. They are fun to be with. They are I-don’t-know-what-to-call-you-guys type! Chandra and Zaki…Chandra’s digs on Zaki, Zaki’s howls when he seems someone sexy on TV, their obsession for food, Zaki’s finickiness, Chandra’s cook-o-mania, experimentations with cuisines, Zaki’s pakistani chutney and arabic tea…cricket, football…Their statements on the Salaam Namaste couple, I don’t want to miss anything…

Freedom…that’s what this place has given me. The freedom to make choices, to drink breezers, to eat in jukebox, knowing that the bank account is crashing, to look at good asses (I AM STRAIGHT!!! JUST MY COMPANY WHICH MADE ME LIKE THIS) when walking down Brigade Rd. and hearing Pa’s philosophical theories about good asses, getting into every other designer store and getting out after 2 hours saying there is nothing in there for me (that’s my kanjoos nature working out), buying softie icecreams and taking a huge bite from Pa’s and sulking when he asks for mine… I wish my COO read this blog, Sir, I am willing to work for you. I will slog my ass out…but please let me stay back here. I don’t want to gooooooooo…

Pre-Onsite Depressive Syndrome

No comments: